CTPM’s Continuous Improvement in Industry division assists and coaches companies to get the most from their people, equipment and processes through the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Lean principles.
In a time where we need to evolve as an industry to ensure the future of the business, we believe an investment on implementing strategically driven on-going Continuous Improvement activities will transform your business.
No longer can you wait on government grants, now it’s time to establish a structured, yet flexible Operational Excellence approach that provides discipline through the progressive engagement and development of all your people, to ensure sustainability and rapid bottom-line results.
In our experience you are able to generate rapid returns on your improvement investment with initial payback within 3-6 months and ratio’s of greater than 10:1 within 2-3 years. Such improvement investment can lead your site too successfully:
• Learn to use Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Lead Time Reduction as improvement drivers;
• Engage Operators to Care for their Equipment and Workplace so as to enhance safety, reliability and output;
• Create the Visual Workplace to identify problems at the earliest possible time;
• Establish effective Daily Review Meetings that engage the workforce;
• Develop Frontline Problem Solving Root Cause Analysis capability at all levels;
• Reduce variation in processes to enhance Quality; and
• Develop Frontline Leaders through on-going Continuous Improvement activities and focused training modules so Supervisors and Managers don’t work down a level.
This on-going Continuous Improvement approach focuses on the ‘how’ rather than just the tools, and incorporates the development of all your people to ensure the learning is embedded, resulting in sustainability of the gains achieved.
Some of our client successes in mining include:
Banpu Lampang Thailand Open Cut Coal Operation – through TPM within 5 years reduced maintenance costs by 50% while increasing output by more than 30%
PT Kitadin Indominco Indonesian Coal Processing & Port Operation – through TPM after7 years had achieved over $25m in savings
PT Kaltim Prima Coal Open Cut Coal Mine in Bontang Indonesia – over 2 years achieved total accumulated benefits of $135.5m
Zinifex Rosebury Tasmania Metalliferous Underground Mine – through TPM & Lean over 3 years achieved savings of $6.6m